The basis for all our beliefs is the Bible, which is the "God-breathed" Word of God.
- We believe that in the beginning of everything, God, the Most Blessed Trinity, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, was present and the cause for all things being created.
- He is the Creator of the world and is absolute sovereign over all His creation.
- We believe that we live in a fallen world not only because of the original sin of Adam and Eve but because this nature of sin is now found in every person, and ever moves us in sin, save that of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Because of our fallenness we have merited and deserve God’s righteous and true judgment upon our sin and stand justly condemned under His righteous condemnation.
- We believe that God, in His great mercy and sovereign grace, did not turn His back on the world because of sin. Rather, from the beginning He was the architect of the great plan of salvation, whereby fallen man might be restored to peace with God.
- Further, He accomplished this plan of salvation through His only-begotten Son, Who became incarnate, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under the cruel hands of the world's power, was crucified for us and for our salvation, was buried and on the third day was raised from the dead by the power of the eternal God.
- On the Cross, we believe that Jesus Christ took the penalty [condemnation] for our sins upon Himself, enduring the just sentence of death and separation that we ourselves were born under and lived under.
- We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ ascended into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God on high and is now King of kings and Lord of lords.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has been sent by the Father and the Son to now apply to those whom the Father gave to the Son from all eternity what Jesus has accomplished and which the Father planned.
- We believe that we are called to repent of our sinful life, by which we are estranged from God, and turn to Jesus Christ.
- We further believe that the Holy Spirit is given in time to those whom Christ came to redeem. It is the Holy Spirit, bringing new life into our deaths, that produces within us both faith and repentance.
- We believe that God the Spirit, having come into our lives and producing faith and repentance, then places us into the Body of Christ. We are therefore called to join a local, faithful church where we are joined with the people of faith in the worship of the glorious and most blessed Trinity. In the local church we are strengthened through the entire work of the liturgy – hearing the Scriptures, offering our prayers to God, singing psalms and hymns of worship, and finally the receiving of the sacraments, both baptism and the Covenant Meal, also called the Lord’s Supper or communion.
- By Scripture Alone - God's Word governs every aspect of our church. All our church's beliefs and teachings must come from the Bible as the inspired Word of God. The Bible contains God's revelation about himself and his plan of salvation through Jesus Christ.
- By Faith Alone - Salvation is a gift from God that is received through faith. We cannot earn our own salvation and we must turn to Jesus Christ and put our faith in him.
- By Grace Alone - Our salvation was accomplished in full by Jesus Christ. Therefore we have no need to, nor can we, merit any favor or acceptance God through our own works. His favor and acceptance is given to us only because of God's grace and love through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Through Christ Alone - Jesus is the only mediator between God and man and is therefore the only way to salvation.
- Glory to God Alone - We worship the triune God alone. No person or tradition can stand in the way of that or take for themselves the glory that belongs to God. To Him be all the praise and glory!
Our Confessional Standard
Christ Presbyterian Church has adopted the Westminster Confession of Faith as adopted by the first American Presbyterian Assembly of 1789 as its doctrinal standard, and as modified by our exceptions (see Constitution).
Westminster Confession of Faith
Westminster Confession of Faith